Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection 2016
by Jim Mamoulides, December 11, 2015
Edited from the December, 2015 Cross press release:
Cross announces an exquisite new special edition in their Chinese Zodiac Series collection available in either Tibetan teal or brushed platinum plate. The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection honors the majestic yet endangered golden snub-nosed monkey of Southwest China. It is an exquisitely designed writing instrument in two stunning finishes with 23KT gold-plated accents. Its imperial beauty is sure to inspire great things in those who own it.
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection fountain pen and rollerball pen
Just as Cross is an American icon symbolizing achievement and human potential, each sign of the Chinese zodiac also symbolizes certain outstanding human traits. For 2016, Cross is pleased to present a set of fine writing instruments deeply etched with this year’s icon the monkey, a symbol of creativity, intelligence and versatility. These elegant fine writing instruments will become new members of the ongoing Zodiac collection.
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection brushed platinum plate ballpoint pen
Available in ballpoint, Selectip® rolling ball and fountain pen styles, all styles are presented in Zodiac Special Edition presentation gift packaging and accompanied by an acrylic pen stand and romance book.
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection gift box
Thoughtfully created in Tibetan teal and brushed platinum plate to celebrate the “lucky colors” of those born under the sign of the monkey, the writing instrument’s appointments are 23KT gold plate. Additionally, the solid 18KT gold fountain pen nib is decorated with a unique year of the monkey pattern.
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection Tibetan teal ballpoint pen
Equipped with a lifetime mechanical guarantee, the Cross 2016 Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection is available for sale online at www.Cross.com and at select retailers. Visit the Cross online store locator for more details.
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection fountain pen nib detail
Identification guide and features:
The Cross Year of the Monkey Special Edition Collection comes in a choice of two finishes, Tibetan teal or brushed platinum plate, each with 23KT gold-plated accents, and in three writing modes, fountain pen, Selectip rollerball pen and ballpoint pen.
- Beautiful deep-etched design inspired by the golden snub-nosed monkey
- Tibetan teal or brushed platinum plate finish with 23KT gold-plated inlays and appointments
- Cap and barrel ends 24 karat gold plated brass
- Fountain pen fitted with solid 18KT gold nib engraved with a Year of the Monkey pattern
- Fountain pen cap unscrews
- Fountain pen uses Cross type cartridges and converter
- Packaged in Zodiac special edition gift box and stylish pen stand
- Cross Lifetime Mechanical Guarantee
- Fountain and Selectip rollerball pen is 5 1/4 inches long capped
- Ballpoint pen is 5 1/4 inches long
- Retail price for the Tibetan teal line is $475.00 for the fountain pen, $350.00 for the Selectip rollerball pen, and $300.00 for the ballpoint pen
- Retail price for the brushed platinum plate finish line is $500.00 for the fountain pen, $375.00 for the Selectip rollerball pen, and $325.00 for the ballpoint pen